Friday, March 20, 2020

As Long As There Aren't Frogs

Greetings!
We're all still treading here at the pool - literally. We had some heavy rains last night, and I woke up to a water feature in the back yard. Our back is a hill - quite steep, in fact - and when we get a heavy rain, a waterfall appears. It flows in a stream through the mulch, through the wall into Lake Kelly, and becomes a river along the side of the house. I haven't gone to the basement yet to see if the reservoir has started - I'm hopeful the repairs I made to the mortar at the end of last summer will hold up. Always trying to see the bright side, I pointed out the waterfall to Ms. Business when she came downstairs for breakfast.
"Look at the water feature out back."
She glanced out the window. "Wow, yeah."
I chuckled. "So, we've had plague, and now flooding. I guess locusts are next!"
She shook her head as she walked away. "As long as we don't get frogs. I hate frogs."

Well. I hadn't even thought of frogs.

Things I wouldn't want to be over-run by: stink bugs; roaches; termites (nothing that will eat my house, thank you!); rats (eww).

Things I wouldn't mind having more of: kittens; puppies; art supplies; cookies; muffins...hmm, I haven't had breakfast yet, can you tell?

Some friends have posted on Facebook that they're stress-baking; some are writing; some are painting and drawing. With more time to get into the studio, I hope to get some creative time in! Why don't we try to post some of our creative endeavors, even if it's as simple as coloring in a coloring book, or making origami cranes, or baking treats!  Are you learning a new dance? Do you play music? Have you found a meditation program that will help us feel better? Did you take a fun picture of your loving pet today? Or, any photograph! Maybe you like to take pictures of the sky. Show us! Let's post as many positive things as possible! Inspire us!

I'm off to eat breakfast, and then I'll head to the studio, hoping not to find a small flood. Or frogs.




2 comments: